Maps of Norway
- Physical Map of central Norway (235Kbytes).
- NES Topographic Series (Hamar in the southeast to Gjovik in the southwest and Lillihammer in the north)
- Nes, EAST (1.4 megabytes, wide area topographic map)
- Nes, WEST (1.3 megabytes, wide area topographic map)
- Nes, NORTH (1.4 megabytes, wide area topographic map)
- Nes, Evenstad (333,405 bytes, local area topographic, Evenstad, Taskerud, Senstad and vicinity)
- Nes, Ogarden (122,164 bytes, local area topographic, Ogarden 17 kilometers s. from Lillehammer))
- Nes, Moelv (462,746 bytes, medium area topographic, Ogarden to Moelv which is 17 km n. from Brummundal))
- Nes, Gaalaas (178,685 bytes, local area topographic, near Brummundal)) Significance is the
- Nes, Bekken (153,940 bytes, local area topographic, near Brummundal)) I stayed a week at this
very fine place.
- Brottum. Near this place is where the Gordon
family emigrated from. ZOOM to Ogarden topographic map.
At the upper left end, the town of Lillihamar has a most excellent museum
and at the lower right, the town of Moelv (ZOOM to Moelv topographic map)
has a factory that we visited,
which makes modular homes and has a highly automated modern facility.
- Map of Lillehammer City (132Kbytes)
- Lillehammer College website
- Nes, lower resolution, a peninsula on Lake Mjosa, north of Oslo and west of Hamar.
On this peninsula dwell many Evenstad cousins.
- Ringsaker Highlands. A larger scaled map showing the mountain country
north of Hamar and East of Lillehammer. Our host, Finn Fossum, toured us
through this area from Moelv, then north to the resort town of Sjusjoen
(Seven Seas [lakes]) then looped east and south through the high country
where we saw many trees and many sheep.
- Hadeland, Toten. A large scale map (and also
very large, but only 193 Kilobytes) extending from Gjovik and Nes in the
north to Brandbu in the southwest (where it overlaps the Oppland map).
This map is important as it contains the Kolbu church and nearby Dyste farms
(which are very near to Smeby, and we have cousins in Smeby).
- Oppland I think. An overview of the area
including the Haughtvedt farm, from Brandbu in the north to Gran in the east
and Grymyr in the west. 500 Kbytes, or
map (really big; 1929 by 1655 pixels, 1 megabyte).
- Haughtvedt near Grymar. The Haughtvedt farm
is found near the southeast quarter of this map, a bit east of Grymyr, and
spelled "Hatveit" on this map. (162Kbytes).
- Traveling Maps: Lillehammer northwest to Fefor, then north along Gudbrandsdalen
to Otta, then west through Romsdalen, then south over Trollstigen to
Geiranger, then to Balestrand, then to Bergen, and return to Oslo. Excellent!
- Rondane, a beautiful plateau north-central Norway.
(500 Kilobytes; or (ENLARGED 1.2 megabytes).
- Geiranger. A wide-scale view of
mountain Norway from Andalsnes and Romsdalen in the north to
Ottadalen in the south. Features Geiranger, the home of the definitive Norwegian
fjord, waterfalls, high mountains and roads [including the highway called
Orneveien] and the high place overlooking it all, Dalsnibba. This is a big
file, 500 Kbytes, or you can select
ENLARGED (Twice Bigger). 800 kilobytes.
- Bergen A wide map (east-west) (245K).
ENLARGED (570 Kilobytes).